ADAS front camera cleaning
Advanced driver assistance system front cameras are often located in the upper part behind the wind shield. For the camera to deliver a reliable image, the shield has to be kept clean. Washer arms are excellent at ensuring the camera remains unobstructed. Water is sprayed precisely for optimal cleaning and water consumption even at high speeds, and standard wiper blades can be used. ARaymond designs, tests, manufactures, and assembles innovative ADAS camera cleaning solutions that integrate directly into the washer arm.
- Wiper arm nozzle chain is tested extensively and fine-tuned for optimal cleaning.
- Fully automated and in house assembly process with quality controls on each process step, including spray pattern checks with HD camera inspection.
Discover the video
High-precision ADAS camera and sensor cleaning
As the demand for ADAS and autonomous driving systems is steady growing, the number of on-board cameras and sensors in vehicles will continue to increase. Vehicles are already overcrowded with subsystems, and space-saving innovations are more important than ever. ARaymond designs and manufactures compact, flexible, easy-to-integrate camera and sensor cleaning solutions that can fit into even the most complex architectures.
- Ultra-low-profile nozzles for a precision jet
- Optional space savers like integrated non-return valves
- Standard components with design flexibility for good carryover and cost efficiency
Ultra-low-profile nozzle integrated into the trunk handle.
Factory-tested cleaning performance
ADAS camera and sensor cleaning requirements are constantly evolving. ARaymond’s in-house testing lab ensures that our customers always get optimal cleaning performance!
- Dirt and grime are applied to ADAS sensors to test cleaning efficiency of different pressure levels, spray times, positionings, and air/water spray combinations.
- Cleaning efficiency is calculated with high-speed cameras.
- The results are used to constantly improve product specifications.
Our lab also works with customers, providing them with value-added information on complete system requirements and collaborating on new system standards.
All-in-one cleaning for autonomous vehicle cameras
A liquid sprayer and air-jet dryer are combined in a dual-nozzle cleaning solution. The water spray cleans dirt and grime, and the air jet removes any remaining water droplets. Multiple outlets ensure complete coverage of round autonomous vehicle camera lenses.
LiDAR integration, protection, and cleaning
We develop and manufacture complete LiDAR integration, protection, and cleaning solutions that draw on many ARaymond innovations to increase overall system performance.
- A robust adjustable bracket holds both the LiDAR and cleaning nozzles in place.
- A mechanical fuse protection system causes the LiDAR to automatically retract in the event of a low speed impact to prevent damage.
- Telescopic cleaning nozzles are invisible when not in use.
- Electromagnetic valves shorten the cleaning reaction time.
- Tubes and routing management components are carefully selected
- Tube holders ensure solid, long-lasting fastening.
Electromagnetic valves for improved sensor cleaning
Autonomous driving vehicles require high performing-cleaning to avoid system failure; Electromagnetic valves, or e-valves, can drastically improve camera and sensor cleaning system performance. At ARaymond, our engineers have developed e-valves with a short reaction time suitable for low and high pressure.
Electromagnetic on/off valve
These valves provide high-speed cleaning, and lowering water consumption. It is compatible with both water and air. The e-valves can be positioned either in an array close to the nozzle or manifold in a centralized location in the vehicle in order to distribute the fluid in the most efficient way on multiple cleaning nozzles. Inlets, outlets and the electrical connector can be sized to the desired system requirements, optimizing the integration in terms of space and weight.
Electromagnetic switch valves
The switch e-valves are ideal for selective cleaning. They simplify the cleaning fluid routing, reducing the number of pipes and pumps and lower the power consumption. It is designed to provide a switch between two different outlets in which one will remain open at any time. The switch e-valve is small and lightweight to fit into tight packaging environments.